Training support options

Depending on your current situation, you may be able to obtain different financial aid for training. Contact the organization corresponding to your situation.

Who Should Attend ?

Requests for financial support from paying agencies often take several months. If you wish to use it, we encourage you to start the process as soon as you are admitted to the confirmed school.

For employees

Possibility of taking charge of training for employees

  • By their OPCO. Check with your employer.
  • By the TRANSITION PRO of their region with CPF-PTP (Professional Transition Project).

Inquire with the TRANSITION PRO in your region.

For craftsmen

Possibility of training being covered by Training Insurance Funds (FAF).

Check with the chambers of trade.

For job seekers

  • Possibility of support for training by Pôle-emploi (AIF).
    Ask your Pôle emploi adviser.
  • Possibility of partial coverage by your region of residence.

Check with your Region.

CPF (Personal Training Account)

Whatever your current situation, if you have worked, you have contributed to your CPF. Consult your rights on

Questions / Answers Funding

I am a job seeker, can Pôle-emploi finance the training?

Vocational training is a certifying training (since it prepares for the CAP Turning in ceramics). This makes it eligible for public funding such as the AIF (Aide Individuelle à la formation) from Pôle-emploi.. In practice, it is difficult to obtain funding for ceramics training, but it depends entirely on your profile (level of studies, professional background, etc.). You must therefore make an appointment with your Pôle-emploi adviser to study the feasibility of this financing with him.

I am a job seeker, what funding can I apply for?

You can apply for funding from Pôle-emploi of course, but also from your region (the one where you have been living for more than six months). The two financings can be combined. You must first apply for Pôle-Emploi funding, then your adviser will contact your region if Pôle-Emploi funding is refused. Namely: the financing mechanisms of the regions and the conditions of access to this financing vary greatly from one region to another. You can contact your region before making the request to find out about these conditions.

Can Pôle-emploi finance the entire training?

In practice, total funding by job center is very rare. However, it depends on your profile. In addition, partial funding can be combined with other funding (CPF, Region). Namely: Pôle-emploi refuses to partially finance training if the rest is self-financed by the trainee. Partial funding by employment center is therefore only possible if you obtain other public funding (Region for example) to complete the funding.

Can I combine different financing?

Yes. You can combine Pôle-emploi + Region + CPF financing or, if you are an employee, CPF financing + financing by your company, for example.

I am a student, can I benefit from public funding to follow the training?

There is a priori no public funding dedicated to students. If you have already been employed (student job for example), you will nevertheless be entitled to CPF financing, but this being proportional to the number of hours worked, it will probably not be very high. However, contact your region, as some agree to finance students or job seekers who have left the school system for less than a year (Note: this is not the case for the Brittany region).

I am an employee, what financing can I apply for?

You can contact your employer to find out if he has set up a training financing scheme (this is often the case with large companies).

You can also contact the Transition Pro organization in your region: this financing is very advantageous, since it fully finances the training and you keep your salary for the duration of the training. However, it is not easy to obtain, and your application file must contain a convincing argument on your reintegration capacities at the end of the training.

You can also request funding from your branch OPCO. An OPCO is the organization that manages the collection and distribution of the apprenticeship tax. This is for example the AFDAS for the intermittents du spectacle.

When should I apply for funding?

Funding requests should generally be made about three months before the start of the training (for example for Transition Pro). So you have to do it in advance.

Namely: the answers sometimes arrive late, and funding is far from being systematically accepted. It may therefore be appropriate to provide a financing “plan B” when possible.

Should I wait until I have left my current job to apply for funding?

It depends on the funding you want to apply for. In the case of financing by Transition Pro or by an OPCO, the request must be made as an employee. To apply for Pôle-emploi funding, you must first be a jobseeker registered with the Pôle-emploi since the request is made to your Pôle-emploi adviser.

Can I use my CPF to finance the training?

Yes, professional training being certifying, since it prepares for the CAP Ceramic Turning, it is eligible for CPF financing (for which you will find all the information on

Can I benefit from my DIF to finance this training?

Yes, the DIF being the old financing mechanism corresponding to the current CPF, you can also use it to finance training. Your DIF (counted in hours) will be automatically associated with your CPF (counted in euros) via the website

Are there mobility aids with the employment center in order to be able to follow the training?

There are mobility aids associated with pole-employment funding or Regional funding. Obtaining this help also depends on your profile. Your eligibility will therefore be studied by your employment center adviser.